New York Convention 2018
|2018 Libertarian Party of New York State Convention|
|Dates:||April 20—22, 2018|
|Location:||Castleton, New York|
The 2018 Libertarian Party of New York State Convention was held April 20—22, 2018 at the Comfort Inn in Castleton, New York. It is hosted by the Capital District Libertarian Party.
Per tradition as it is a gubernatorial election year, Albany was selected as the convention city.
The following committees were established with chairs:
- Program Committee - Bill McMillen
- Credentials Committee - Jeffrey Russell
- Convention Arrangements Committee - Andrew Martin Kolstee
- Resolutions Committee - Andrew Martin Kolstee
- Committee on Standing Rules - Jeffrey Russell
- Bill McMillen, longtime party activist, State Chair (1985—1989)
- Alyce Auman, party activist and campaign volunteer
- Siobhan Lynch, drug policy activist
- Jess Mears
- Bill Weld, 2016 Vice Presidential nominee
- Lauren McKinnon, writer, Communications Director for Larry Sharpe's gubernatorial campaign
- Brian Waddell, LPNY Vice-Chair (since 2016), candidate, and Campaign Manager for Larry Sharpe's gubernatorial campaign
- Brandon Phinney, Elected Libertarian, Representative in New Hampshire.
- Andrew Hollister, Lt. Governor Nominee
- Larry Sharpe, Governor Nominee
- Andrew Martin Kolstee, Co-Chair, Historical Committee
Election of Officers
Rosebeck was elected Chair in the first round.
Waddell and Hannon were elected unopposed in the first round.
- Blay Tarnoff, incumbent (elected)
- Tucker Coburn, Field Director for Larry Sharpe for Governor
- Andrew Martin Kolstee, LPNY Communications Director (declined)
Tarnoff was elected Secretary unopposed in the first round.
- Michael Dowden, incumbent (re-elected unopposed)
- Mark Potwora, incumbent
- Susan Overeem
- Hesham El-Meligy
- Tucker Coburn
- Tony D'Orazio, incumbent
- Christopher Edes
- Gary Triestman
- Fred Cole
- Jarrod Thuman
- Mark Glogowski (declined)
- Larry Sharpe (declined)
|Name||Round 1||Round 2|
|Ruben||1 (w-i)||1 (w-i)|
Election of Candidates
The statewide offices are up for election for 2018 and the LPNY will nominate a slate of candidates.
- Larry Sharpe, 2016 vice presidential candidate (unanimously nominated)
- Andrew Hollister (unanimously nominated)
- Chris Garvey (unanimously nominated)