LPedia is a collaborative, running history of the Libertarian Party. Managed by the LP's Historical Preservation Committee and running on the popular MediaWiki engine, LPedia is open to everyone interested in the Libertarian Party. Contact us at LPedia@LP.org.
The Party of Principle
5,950 Articles | 8,682 Uploads | 32 Active Users | 11 Administrators .
How You Can Help
Are you an officer of a state or local LP group? An editor of a newsletter? A past officer, editor, webmaster, or candidate? Or maybe you're just a pack-rat who kept every newsletter, mailing, and convention handout you ever got? You may have material that can help us build our library of the Libertarian Party's history!
Start by reading the following article:
NOTICE: Unless otherwise specified, all newly created articles are licensed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 4.0 with attribution assigned to LPedia. Other options are available. See this page for more information.
DO NOT add any content to any pages on this wiki that you do not wish to offer under the relevant terms and/or lack the authority to release under these terms!
Help cover the costs of preserving our history!
Featured article: Jerome Tuccille New York Governor Campaign 1974
Jerome Tuccille ran for governor of New York in 1974, the first gubernatorial candidate of the Libertarian Party of New York (then known as the Free Libertarian Party). The name of his campaign was the Committee For 50,000 Votes.
- Grassroots Newsletter
- Grassroots Newsletter September 20, 1974
- Grassroots Newsletter October 1, 1974
- Grassroots Newsletter, October 26, 1974
Currently Popular Topics
Most Recent National Convention (May 2022 - Reno)
Upcoming Presidential Campaign (2024)
How to Find Things
Browse by Category
Click here to browse the entire category tree
Use the Search Box
Use the search box at the upper right corner of any page to go directly to a page if you know its name, or to find articles that contain a specific phrase. If the phrase you enter is the name of a page, you'll get that. If you instead want a search for all articles containing that phrase, choose the "containing" option that appears below the box.
Note: By default, only the main collection of articles will be searched. This does not include the historical documents (pages whose names begin with "Document:"). You can chose which types of pages to include in your search using the advanced options menu which appears at the top of the search results. You can also change your own default selection for future searches.
State Libertarian Parties
Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • D.C. • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Puerto Rico • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming
Contact Us at LPedia@LP.org
More Ways You Can Help!
Go here for a crash course on simple wiki editing. Don't be afraid to make a mess at first -- getting the information here is the hard part. You or someone else can tidy things up later.
Here are ways you can jump right in:
- Check your state party article. Is it up to date? Do you know information about its history or some of its past chairs, officers, and the like that can be added? Do you have information on a topic listed on one of these lists? Can you think of things to add to one of those lists?
- Sign up for one of many ongoing Volunteer Projects
- Check to see if you have or can find any items on our Most Wanted list such as missing issues of Liberty Pledge.
- Find an identified needed article with a red link, click here for a list of missing but linked to articles, or create your article as shown below.
- Refine an article stub into something more complete,
- Update one of these articles,
- Or simply tidy up an article in this category.
If you don't have access to any records, you can use the Internet Archive to search for information posted on the web since 1996. A hopefully helpful guide is located here.
You can decorate your user page with Wikipedia-style userboxes.
Libertarian Party Links
- http://lp.org The Official Site of the Libertarian National Committee
- http://www.lncc.org/ The Official Site of the Libertarian National Congressional Committee
- http://www.lpstore.org/ Buy official Libertarian Party products and campaign supplies here
- http://www.lpaction.org/ Get Libertarian Affiliate and Training Resources here