Bronx Libertarian Party
|Bronx County Libertarian Party|
|Jurisdiction:||Bronx County, New York|
The Bronx Libertarian Party is a pending County Affiliate of the Libertarian Party of New York.
The first activity of the Libertarian Party began in December 1972, when the first meeting of the Bronx Libertarian Club (BLC) was held. As of that time, they were working on bylaws to submit to the State Committee for charter, expected to do so in early 1973. By March 1, 1973, they were chartered. Their third meeting was held on February 26, 1973.
In the 1990s and early 2000s, Bronx was part of the New York City Libertarian Party and then Manhattan Libertarian Party.
In 2019, the Bronx Libertarian Party was established again. They held an organizational meeting on May 2, 2019, and another on July 25, 2019, and was chartered later. The County Affiliate failed to hold a meeting to elect officers and comply with requirements from the State Party rules, and dissolved on March 31, 2021.
On September 13, 2021, Fredy Calvache was appointed County Contact.
- Fredy Calvache, County Contact (September 13, 2021—present)
- Brandon Ramos, Vice-Chair (May 2, 2019—July 25, 2019)
- Chris D'Amato, Secretary (May 2, 2019—July 25, 2019)
- Daniel Christmann, Treasurer (May 2, 2019—July 25, 2019)
- Chris D'Amato, Temporary County Chair (2018—May 6, 2018)
- Sam Sloan, Treasurer (July 25, 2019—2020)
- Declan Kaasler, Secretary (July 25, 2019—December 2019)
- Enmanuel Torres, Chair (May 2, 2019—March 31, 2021)
- Derrick Santiago, Vice-Chair (July 25, 2019—March 31, 2021)
- Francisco Toribio, Secretary (December 2019—March 31, 2021)
- Stephanie Apphia, County Contact (May 19, 2021—June 9, 2021)
Meetings and Conventions
|December 1972||1st Meeting|
|February 26, 1973||3rd Meeting|
|April 15, 1973||Scheduled|
|May 2, 2019||Convention|
|July 25, 2019||Convention|
|July 30, 2019||Scheduled|
|November 7, 2019||Scheduled|
|May 19, 2020||Scheduled|
|February 2, 2021||Scheduled|
|November 17, 2021||Meeting|