New York Convention 1986
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|New York Convention 1986|
|Dates:||April 12—13, 1986|
|Location:||Albany, New York|
The 14th Libertarian Party of New York Convention was held April 12—13, 1986 in Albany, New York.
At least 42 members were present.
- Bill McMillen, Chair
- Dawn Davis, Secretary
- Bill Stocker, Treasurer
- Siegie Kress
- Steve Candidas
- Eleanor Rosenblatt
- Al Wagner
- Richard Savadel
- John Mounteer
- Dottie-Lou Brokaw
- Reed Halstead
- Maureen Savadel
- David Greene
- Don Davis
April 12, 1986
- Steveon Givot - keynote
- Tom Lowy - keynote
- Don Davis - 1985 candidate for public office
- Ernie Phillips - 1985 candidate for public office
- Richard Wilcke - "Economic Freedom Through Competition"
- Jim Turney - Awards & Introduction Of Candidates
- Bill Hansen - Awards & Introduction Of Candidates
- Jim Lewis - "Introduction - The IRS & A New Continental Congress"
- George Hansen - "Introduction - The IRS & A New Continental Congress"
April 13, 1986
- John Kekes - "Self-Direction: Core Of Individualism"
- Jim Lewis - "The Libertarian Party & Preserving Freedom"
Election of Statewide Candidates
No statewide candidates were nominated, although Bob Goodman had offered to be a candidate if no one else offered.
Election of Officers
- Bill McMillen (reelected unopposed)
- Dottie-Lou Brokaw (reelected unopposed)
- Don Davis (withdrew)
- Dawn Davis (withdrew)
- Tom Lowry (reelected unopposed)
- Dawn Davis (reelected unopposed)
- Bill Stocker (reelected unopposed)
- National Committee Representative
- National Committee Alternate Representative
- Bill McMillen (elected unopposed)
- David Greene - 23 votes
- Bob Gustafson - 26? votes
- Don Davis - 15 votes
- Alan Rickman - 25 votes
- Vickie Kirkland - 24 votes
- Mike North - 21 votes