Tompkins County Libertarian Party
(Redirected from Ithaca Libertarians)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jurisdiction:||Tompkins County, New York|
|Chartered:||February 18, 2005|
The Ithaca Libertarians is the former Tompkins County chapter of the Libertarian Party of New York. Formed in the summer of 2004 by a small group of activists promoting Libertarian candidates, they became an official Party affiliate at their first annual Convention in February 18, 2005. The chapter was later dechartered.
In 1984, Dottie-Lou Brokaw was a Libertarian organizer in Tompkins County and was seeking to form a chapter.
In December 1992, William Kone founded the Tompkins County Libertarian Party and the party was mentioned in newspapers articles in 1993 and 1994.
There have been attempts to revive the chapter, most recently in 2017 with Steve Crispell.
- Melissa Ginsberg, Secretary (1993)
- Carl Ricketson, Treasurer (May 2005)
- Brian Sullivan, Editor of Ithaca Libertarians (May 2005)
- Ali Stocker, Publisher of Ithaca Libertarians (May 2005)
- Christa Siering, Publisher of Ithaca Libertarians (May 2005)
- Ellen Ricketson, Outreach Coordinator (May 2005)
- Joe Mainville, Temporary County Chair (November 9, 2014—April 3, 2016)
- Steve Crispell, Temporary County Chair (May 15, 2016—April 2, 2017)