Libertarian National Committee
|view image gallery|
He also served as Secretary for the state affiliate in Oregon, as a county chair in Oregon (Lane County), Colorado (Jefferson County), and California (Santa Clara County), and as database coordinator for the California affiliate. He served as editor of the state newsletter in Colorado and of county newsletters in Oregon and California.
He ran for State Representative in Connecticut (1984) and for U.S. Representative in California (1996, 1998, 2000, 2020).
He initiated the LP's formal presence on the Internet, registering the domain LP.ORG in 1994. He was the first webmaster for the national LP web site and for the Libertarian Party of California's site. He was also webmaster for the LP's first presidential campaign web site (Harry Browne, 1996).
He was an active participant in the LNC Strategic Planning Team (2001).
- Secretary (1989-1993)
- Regional Representative (1987-1989; 1996-2004)
- Webmaster (1994-2000)
- Judicial Committee Chair (2018-2020)
- Historical Committee Chair (2019-present)
- Platform Committee Chair (2021)
- Webmaster (1994-2003)
- Libertarian Party of Santa Clara County (California)
- Chair (2015-2018, 2019-present)
- Vice Chair (2001-2002)
- Secretary (2002-2004)
- Newsletter Chair (2014-2015)
- Judicial Committee (2018-2019), Chair (2019)
- Newsletter Editor (1990-1992)
- Secretary (circa 1986-1987)
- Libertarian Party of Lane County (Oregon)
- Chair (circa 1986-1989)
Originally from New York, he lived in and attended schools in Bayside and Great Neck.
He attended and graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, majoring in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and went on to work in the computer industry. In addition to New York and Massachusetts, he is a past resident of Connecticut, Oregon, and Colorado.
He has lived in California since 1993, and has been married to Mary Gingell since 1995. They currently live in Sunnyvale, in Santa Clara County.
Outside of politics, his main activities relate to square dancing He is a caller/instructor for several local clubs, has been named a "Top Ten Caller" several times by the Santa Clara Valley Square Dancers Association, and is active in several committees of CALLERLAB, the International Association of Square Dance Callers. He enjoys dancing all programs of modern square dancing from Basic through C-4, and also volunteers as an officer of several square dance organizations and serves as webmaster for the California Council of Square Dancers.
- If you have no idea what this paragraph is about, because you have never heard of square dancing, or because you only did it once in fifth grade or only saw it in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, see https://www.squaredance.org/learn for an explanation.