|State Committee Representative|
York County Libertarian Party
|June 12, 2019—November 12, 2019|
|Birth:||May 21, 1999|
|Party:||Libertarian Party (2016-2019)
John Paden ("J.P.") Wilson was a Libertarian activist who served as the Secretary and later as the State Committee Representative from the York County Libertarian Party (South Carolina). He was a founding member of the South Carolina branch of the Libertarian Youth Caucus, and was part of its expansion to three active caucuses in the state, eventually being elected to the position of National Caucus Chair. He first became active in the LP during his senior year of High School as part of the Gary Johnson Campaign for President. He has been active in his native South Carolina Libertarian Party as well as the Libertarian Party of Florida.
Wilson is a Christian and an ardent non-aggressionist. He considers his main influences to be Leo Tolstoy, Murray Bookchin, Henry David Thoreau, and Abdullah Öcalan.
Wilson left the Libertarian Party in November of 2019.
- President of Fort Mill High School Young Libertarians (September 2016-May 2017)
- State Director of South Carolina Libertarian Youth Caucus (April 2017-August 2017)
- State Director of Florida Young Libertarians (August 2017-May 2018)
- Member of South Carolina Libertarian Party Membership Committee (November 2017-November 2019)
- National Chairman of the Libertarian Youth Caucus (March 2018-November 2018)
- Vice-Chairman of the South Carolina Libertarian Youth Caucus (May 2018-November 2018)