Document:Colorado Email 2 March 2020 Call to Action, Oppose Anti-Vaping Bill on Wednesday
Oppose HB20-1319 Prohibit Sale Of Flavored Nicotine Products
Just last month, I asked you to join me to testify at the Salida City Council, where they considered a ban on flavored tobacco vaping products. People came out in numbers and that we managed to change the mind of council members.
This Wednesday, March 4th at 1:30 the Colorado General Assembly will hear the bill at 1:30 PM.
Please arrive around 12:30 pm in order to sign up. The hearing will be In room HCR0112 at the State Capitol, located at 200 E Colfax Ave. Denver, CO 80203.
We must testify and pose these questions?
- Will a blanket ban on all flavored tobacco products cause an immediate illicit market?
- What would a statewide ban mean?
- What are the unintended consequences of an illicit market for flavored tobacco products?
- Are flavored vape products the cause of the rise in teen vaping or are there other factors such as high potency nicotine pods?
- Similar to the current and historic decline of cigarette smoking, will vaping use also decline due to aggressive public education as opposed to criminalization and prohibition?
- Does this bill, not in fact, just criminalize the use of nicotine?
- What products, retailers and manufacturers are actually at fault for the recent vaping illnesses?
- Are those implicated in the recent vaping illnesses regulated tobacco products or unregulated online THC suppliers?
- Is our goal to ensure consumers of these products purchase at regulated businesses or from illicit sources?
- Will a blanket ban of these products send consumers online where the products are unregulated and untested and likely the cause of vaping related illnesses?
Victoria Reynolds, Chairman
Libertarian Party of Colorado
|THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS