Platform In Media
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "the Libertarian Party platform also opposes laws against recreational drug use, says there should be no government involvement in the issue of abortion and indicates support for allowing same-sex couples to marry."
- 2010-05-30 Kentucky.com What is Rand Paul's political philosophy?
- "Obama's run has been the negation of almost every decent progressive principle, with scarcely a bleat of protest from the progressives seeking to hold him to account. [...] So no, this is not an exciting or liberating moment in America's politics. If you want a memento of what could be exciting, go to the website of the Nader-Gonzalez campaign and read its platform on popular participation and initiative. Or read the portions of Libertarian Party candidate Bob Barr's platform on foreign policy and constitutional rights. The standard these days for what the left finds tolerable is awfully low."
- 2008-10-26 The Independent Alexander Cockburn: Obama, the first-rate Republican
- "Libertarian Barr, 59, is a former federal prosecutor and Georgia congressman who says he has had a change of heart on such issues as the war on drugs, which he once championed; gay marriage, which he once opposed; and the war in Iraq, which he voted to authorize. The party stands for decreasing government intervention in all areas of people's lives, from taxes to foreign policy to social behavior. Barr has criticized the major-party nominees for their support of the Wall Street bailout, saying the market should be left alone."
- 2008-10-19 Las Vegas Review-Journal Voter Guide: U.S. President