Libertarian Party of Delaware Leadership Controversy 2021
This page (Libertarian Party of Delaware Leadership Controversy 2021) may contain disputed or controversial material because there are strong and differing opinions on some aspect of this topic. LPedia is an archive and takes no sides. The main article on a topic should focus on undisputed facts. Material that represents subjective opinions should be presented as such by one of the following methods: reference to another document that has a clearly identified author or source, a footnote that identifies the source along with the opinion, a brief summary in the main text of the nature of the dispute and the positions of each side. Authors should refrain from language that shows bias, e.g., praise of one side or slurs against another. Extended presentations of a particular viewpoint are best provided as separate documents or articles labeled as such; this allows readers to make their own judgments and arrive at their own conclusions. Thank you for respecting the purpose of LPedia. For more information see LPedia:Disputed or Controversial Material.
On or about October 3, 2021, Libertarian Party of Kent County Representative Will McVay and Libertarian Party of Sussex County Representative Joe DiPisquale engineered what they characterized as a plot to get rid of certain board members as they found them disruptive and with with caucus affiliations they found to be antithetical to the purposes of the Libertarian Party. The situation was ultimately resolved by the national Judicial Committee in favor of the removed board members in appeal filed with the assistance of Caryn Ann Harlos during the period of In re: The Suspension of Caryn Ann Harlos. One of the restored Board members., Amy LePore went on to give Caryn Ann Harlos' nomination speech at the National Convention 2022. Will McVay and others went on to be invited to take over (friendly) another political party called Nonpartisan Delaware and have given up all claim to the name and organization of the Libertarian Party of Delaware.
They describe the situation in their own words here (note that host is opposed to their position):
The allegedly ousted board members speak out here (note that host is friendly to their position):
This eventually led to an LNC meeting on the topic which failed to achieve any decision and de facto left the McVay faction in control of the Libertarian Party of Delaware.
Documents Submitted to the LNC
Other Misc Relevant Documents
- Facebook response of Will McVay following inaction of LNC
- Bylaws with McVay 2021 Revisions
- Letter from Wes Benedict dated February 16, 2018 regarding prior controversy regarding the Libertarian Party of Delaware
- Facebook response of Will McVay to question on membership
- Facebook response of Will McVay about allegations
Outside Commentary Videos Made
- People are asking about what happened in Delaware
- Update on my Prior Report on what the heck is going on in Delaware
- And yet more Delaware Funny Business
- Oct '21 Meeting of Will McVay's Tyranitarian Party of Delaware
- The LP Delaware Situation and the Upcoming LNC Meeting
- So the LNC is shutting off comments - come talk here freely, I am not an authoritarian scared of member feedback