|Education:||Washington University in St Louis|
|Occupation:||Students For Liberty|
Jeffrey Michael Maurer is a development officer for Students for Liberty, and currently serves on the Economic Development Commission and Home Place Advisory Board, both of Carmel, Indiana, where he lives.
Early life and education
Maurer was born in 1982 in New York City to Ed and Eileen Maurer. He attended Long Beach High School in Long Beach, New York. He graduated in 2004 with a BSBA, Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, from Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Maurer currently is a development officer for Students For Liberty, an international pro-liberty organization based in McLean, Virginia. He was director of sales and marketing for National Transportation Consultants of Indianapolis; Founder and CEO of Virtual Xperience,    Greater New York City; chief marketing officer for Convoy Solutions (dba IdleAir), Knoxville, Tennessee; spent 12 years in the Point Lookout-Lido Fire Department; associate director of finance and administration, Miller Theatre at Columbia University, Greater New York City; manager of administrative budgets for Columbia University Office of Management and Budget and senior budget and financial analyst for Columbia University Libraries; both Greater New York City; marketing and member services representative, ICSC, Greater New York City.
Maurer is the 2022 Libertarian candidate for Indiana Secretary of State. He was nominated March 5 at the Libertarian Party of Indiana convention in Fishers, Indiana      and his campaign focuses on election integrity.  Prior to Jeff's nomination as the 2022 Libertarian candidate for Indiana Secretary of State, he led a group to put together the redistricting plan for the Libertarian Party of Indiana. His hard work resulted in him giving testimony on the results of Libertarian Party plan. His testimony to the Indiana General Assembly can be seen here in the IGA Archives 2021 Session. Choose the Wednesday Aug 11 - 1:00pm meeting, and Jeff speaks at the 49 minute mark.
2022 Secretary of State race
Coming off the 11.4% totals for Donald Rainwater  in the 2020 Governor's race, there was a real goal of getting more than 10 percent in the Secretary of State race, and making the Libertarian Party of Indiana a major party.
The Secretary of State election is the ballot access election and any party that gets 2 percent is automatically on the ballot, and any party that gets 10 percent is a major Party in Indiana. Jeff received 5.7 percent of the vote  securing ballot access for the party which it has held since 1994. The 10 percent goal was not reached, but Jeff was able to grow the party from the 3.9 percent it had recieved in the previous 3 Secretary of State elections. This growth will be needed for the 2024 Governor's election.
Political Offices and Appointments
- City of Carmel Home Place Advisory Board, appointed in 2018 by the mayor of Carmel. Currently serving.
- City of Carmel Economic Development Commission, appointed in 2020 to a 3-year term expiring Jan. 31, 2023 by the Carmel Common Council
- ↑ Sisson, Patrick (February 26, 2016). "Selling the Future: Virtual Reality’s Potential Role in Real Estate". Curbed.com. https://archive.curbed.com/2016/2/26/11120632/virtual-reality-real-estate.
- ↑ Roa, Ankita (September 30, 2016). "What It's Like to Use VR to Buy Multimillion Dollar Real Estate". Vice.com. https://www.vice.com/en/article/pgkxx8/what-its-like-to-use-vr-to-buy-multimillion-dollar-real-estate.
- ↑ Levith, Will (October 27, 2016). "Virtual Xperience Injecting the High-End Real Estate Market With VR Tech". InsideHook. https://www.insidehook.com/article/tech/virtual-xperience-injecting-the-high-end-real-estate-market-with-vr-tech.
- ↑ Howey, Brian A. (August 24, 2021). "Libertarian announces for SoS". Howey Politics Indiana. https://www.in.gov/library/files/HPI_20210824.pdf.
- ↑ Cloutier, Jimmy (February 17, 2022). "Indiana’s secretary of state race on track to be the most expensive in two decades". OpenSecrets. https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/02/indiana-secretary-of-state-race-most-expensive-since-2002/.
- ↑ Evan McMahon (March 8, 2022). "The Libertarian Party Of Indiana Nominates Candidates For 2022". Libertarian Party of Indiana. https://lpin.org/libertarians-nominate-candidates-for-2022/.
- ↑ Staff (March 8, 2022). "Libertarian Party of Indiana Nominates Candidates for Office". Times-Union Online. https://timesuniononline.com/Content/Local-News/Local-News/Article/Libertarian-Party-Of-Indiana-Nominates-Candidates-For-Office/2/453/139693.
- ↑ Staff (March 8, 2022). "The Libertarian Party of Indiana nominates candidates for 2022". WBIW.com. https://www.wbiw.com/2022/03/08/the-libertarian-party-of-indiana-nominates-candidates-for-2022/.
- ↑ Rob Kendall and Casey Daniels (April 4, 2022). "Jeff Maurer on Running for Secretary of State as a Libertarian.". Kendall And Casey Show, WIBC, Indianapolis. https://omny.fm/shows/kendall-and-casey/jeff-maurer-on-running-for-secretary-of-state-as-a.
- ↑ Ballotpedia (November, 2020). "Governor Of Indiana". Ballotpedia. https://ballotpedia.org/Governor_of_Indiana.
- ↑ Indiana Election Division (November 8, 2022). "Indiana Election Division". Indiana Election Division. https://enr.indianavoters.in.gov/site/index.html.
- Campaign website
- Ballotpedia profile
- Jeff Maurer on LinkedIn
- 2022 Libertarian Candidates of Indiana List of Candidates
- Staff profile at Students For Liberty website
- Home Place Advisory Board, website for city of Carmel, Indiana
- Carmel Economic Development Commission website
- List of Libertarian Party appointments in Indiana, Rutherford Report
- Indiana Air National Guard
- 181st Intelligence Wing
- Students For Liberty
- Miller Theatre at Columbia University]
- Columbia University
- International Council of Shopping Centers