Jump to navigation Jump to search
Glossary of terms -- especially cryptic ones -- used in LP circles.
- Big L Libertarian -- Libertarian with a capital L. A member of the Libertarian Party. People who are big L should also qualify as little L.
- butter -- A person who says "I believe in liberty but _______"
- Libertarian Macho Flash -- a logical, rational, and often harsh-sounding way of presenting libertarian ideas that appeals to rational personality types, but confuses or offends almost everyone else.
- Libertarian Weak Bladder Syndrome -- A counterproductive tendency to water libertarian ideas down too much in order to fit in.
- LINO -- Libertarian in Name Only. Someone who fails at being a little L libertarian while wearing the big L label.
- LMF -- see Libertarian Macho Flash
- LWBS -- see Libertarian Weak Bladder Syndrome
- NAP -- see Nonagression Principle
- Nonagression Principle -- That it is morally, ethically, and politically wrong to initiate force against others. Responses to such initiations with force can be appropriate and even necessary.
- Small L Libertarian -- a libertarian who may or may not be a member of the Libertarian Party. Small L libertarians can be found in surprising places. Including most other political parties -- including the Green Party.