Document:Kansas Email 30 March 2020 LPKS State Convention - Important Convention Changes
Libertarian Party of Kansas
The LPKS Executive Committee has just finished a called meeting. I am writing to update you on our new plans for the 2020 State Convention.
Due to the current orders in the State of Kansas which prohibit group meetings, and for the safety and well-being of our members, we are taking the following actions.
- The convention has been changed from a physical in-person meeting to a remote convention.
- The afternoon session, silent auction, speakers, and banquet are canceled for now. (We will attempt to reschedule those activities later this year.) We will have a mixer on Friday, April 17th and the business portion of the convention on Saturday, April 18th. Both will be held via an online platform to allow members to attend from home.
- We're finalizing plans for the means by which to conduct voting and party business. Members will be able to participate by computer OR phone.
- As would be true for an in-person convention, only registered Kansas Libertarians will be able to vote. But the business meeting will be open to all to observe.
- There will be no charge for either the Friday night mixer or the Saturday business meeting.
- Those who have already purchased tickets for the afternoon session and banquet will receive a separate email from Treasurer Ric Koehn about your refund.
- If you plan to participate as a voting member you will need to email Mike Kerner at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th with your name, email, phone, and address so we can confirm you are an LPKS member.
- If you are seeking to nominate yourself or another member for office (LPKS Executive Committee, Libertarian nomination running in the state of Kansas, or delegate to the national LP convention) please also include this information in your email to Mike Kerner (see item #7).
- Confirmed participants will receive needed links and/or dial-in information via email.
- Confirmed participants will also be invited to a “practice convention” on Saturday, April 11th at 10 am. This will be an opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the voting platform and procedures for having a distance meeting.
If you have any questions about registration please contact Mike Kerner at email@example.com.
Otherwise please feel free to reach out to me personally. Thank you for your flexibility. Stay safe and I hope to see you soon!
Ned Kelley Chairperson - Libertarian Party of Kansa Chair@LPKS.org
|THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS