Dixon presiding over the 2006 Texas State Convention.
Libertarian Party of Texas
|view image gallery|
Patrick J. "Pat" Dixon is a Libertarian Party activist. He served as Chair of the Libertarian Party of Texas from 2004 to 2014 and captured many of the lessons learned along the way in his book Leading Like a Libertarian, published in 2011, with a second edition released in 2016.
He has also served on the Lago Vista city council and was instrumental along with Wes Benedict and others in the successful 2004 effort to get the Libertarian Party of Texas back on the ballot after the unsuccessful 2002 election cycle.
He was first elected as state chair on 12 June 2004 and was reelected 10 June 2006, 14 June 2008 and 11 June 2010. After being persuaded to run again in 2012, he served out one last term for a total of ten years.
He has also served on the Libertarian National Committee.
He released a book, Leading Like a Libertarian, in 2011, with a second edition in 2016.
He was a delegate seated with the delegation of the Libertarian Party of Texas at the 2018 National Convention.
- Chair (2004—2014)
This article is a biographical stub.
You can help LPedia by expanding it.
- Biographical Stubs
- Texas Party Activists
- Libertarians in Public Office from the 2000s
- Texas Candidates for Town or City Council
- Candidates for Town or City Council
- State Party Chairs
- Candidates from the 2000s
- Candidates from the 2010s
- Party Activists from the 1990s
- Party Activists from the 2000s
- Party Activists from the 2010s
- Texas State Party Chairs
- National Party LNC Members (Not specified)
- Texas Libertarians Holding Public Office
- Libertarians in Office of Town or City Council