Libertarian Party of Canada
Statements of (Voting Member) Principle(s)
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, support the following principles:
- 1. Each individual has the right to his or her own life, and this right is the source of all other rights.
- 2. Property rights are essential to the maintenance of those rights.
- 3. In order that these rights be respected, it is essential that no individual or group initiate the use of force or fraud against any other.
- 4. In order to bar the use of force or fraud from social relationships and to place the use of retaliatory force under objective control, human society requires an institution charged with the task of protecting individual rights under an objective code of rules. This is the basic task of, and the only moral justification for, government.
- 5. The only proper functions of government whose powers must be constitutionally limited, are:
- (a) Settling, according to objective laws, disputes among individuals, where private , voluntary arbitration has failed;
- (b) Providing protection from criminals;
- (c) Providing protection from foreign invaders.
- 6. As a consequence of all the above, every individual, as long as he or she respects the rights of others, has the right to live as he or she alone sees fit, as a free trader on a free market.
Our Constitution provides for two types of membership: Member and Voting Member. Only Voting Members may vote at Party conventions, hold elected office or appointed positions in the Party or run as candidates for the Party.
Building from the bottom up, an attempt to avoid Nationalist Party mistakes of the past, like a National LP in the United States, have more of a Federal LPC.
- LPC Web Site
- Vancouver-East libertarian Web Page/Sub Site
- Vancouver-Centre libertarian Web Page/Sub Site
- Membership Page
- Libertarian Party of Canada Riding Contacts
- Libertarian Party of Canada Newsletter
- News and Events
- Gaulian (Francais
- LP of Canada Candidate Page
- Facebook Group
- Unofficial FB Group (By Member)
- Facebook Group Book for Vancouver East LPs
Elected Officials At 2008 Convention
- Dennis M Young, Leader
- Savannah Linklater, Deputy Leader
- Adam Shelley, Board Director
- Melanie Simard, Board Director (Party President)
- Leo Simard, Board Director
- Wade Racine (and appointed new President afterwards), Board Director
- John Shaw, Board Director
- Paul Geddes, Board Director
- Drew Dorweiler, Board Director
- Jason Burrows, Board Director
Libertarian Party 2008 Leadership Candidates
- Gölök Z. L. F. Buday - 1
- Alan J Mercer - 17
- Dennis M Young - 23
- None of the Above - 1 Vote (more showed some didn't vote.).
- More Info
Libertarian Party of Canada Results 2006.
Libertarian Matt Kadioglu - 277 - 0.6
Libertarian John Clarke - 304 - 0.5
Port Moody-Westwood-Port Coquitlam
Libertarian Lewis Dahlby - 309 - 0.6
Libertarian Earl Wertheimer - 152 - 0.3
Libertarian Francis Bedard - 325 - 0.6
Don Valley West
Libertarian Soumen Deb - 226 - 0.4
Libertarian Kaye Sargent - 204 - 0.4
Libertarian Marty Gobin - 274 - 0.4
Libertarian Paolo Fabrizio - 688 - 1.1
Libertarian Alan Mercer - 243 - 0.5
Leader Jean-Serge Brisson declined to run as he was campaigning for municipal office at the time.