(Redirected from William Schmidt)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Libertarian Party of New York
|May 4, 2019—November 1, 2019|
|Successor:||Andrew Martin Kolstee|
Westchester County Libertarian Party
|Party:||Libertarian Party (1970s)|
Republican Party (c 1997—2007)
Libertarian Party (2010s—present)
William K. "Bill" Schmidt is a Libertarian Party activist. He is the current Vice-Chair of the Westchester County Libertarian Party. He was Secretary of the Free Libertarian, Party Inc. until his resignation on November 1, 2019.
Schmidt was involved in the Libertarian Party in the 1970s. He was involved in the campaigns of Guy Riggs and Sandy Cohen.
Later, he ran for and was elected to the Peekskill City Council in 1997 and 2001 as a Republican.
In 2007, he ran for Mayor of Peekskill on the Republican, Conservative, Independence, and Libertarian lines.
In 2019, he was elected Secretary of the Libertarian Party of New York and served until his resignation on November 1, 2019.
- Secretary (FLP) (May 4, 2019—November 1, 2019)
- Member of the State Committee from Judicial District 9 (September 26, 2021—present)
- Chair (2020—present)
- New York Party Activists
- Party Activists from the 1970s
- Party Activists from the 2010s
- Party Activists from the 2020s
- State Party Secretaries
- New York State Party Secretaries
- Former Republicans
- Former Libertarians
- Local Party Treasurers
- New York Local Party Treasurers
- Local Party Vice-Chairs
- New York Local Party Vice-Chairs
- Candidates for Mayor
- New York Candidates for Mayor