Mark E. Glogowski
|Mark E. Glogowski|
Libertarian Party of New York
|April 25, 2015—April 21, 2018|
|Birth:||July 30, 1943|
|Education:||B.A. in Chemistry (University of Rochester)|
M.A. in Chemistry (R.I.T.)
PhD in Chemistry (University of Arizona Tucson)
Mark E. Glogowski (born July 30, 1943) is an American retired chemist and Libertarian Party activist and author from New York. He was Chair of the Libertarian Party of New York from 2015 to 2018. He has run for New York State Assembly in 2012, 2014, 2018, and 2020.
Glogowski was born on July 30, 1943. He attended Spencerport Central High School, received a B.S. in Chemistry at the University of Rochester, his M.S. in Chemistry at the Rochester Institute of Technology, and his PhD in Chemistry at the University of Arizona, Tucson.
In 1980, he was a Republican Town Leader and in 1995, ran for town council as a Republican. In 2009, he registered Libertarian and joined the Libertarian Party (State and National levels), in 2011 published The Political Primer: Fundamentals of Politics, in 2012 and 2014 ran for NYS Assembly (139th district), in 2015 became the Chairman of the Libertarian Party of New York, a position he held until 2018. On March 4, 2019, he was elected Chair of the Free Libertarian Party, Inc., the corporate entity of the Libertarian Party of New York. During that same convention, the Interim State Committee succeeded as the governing body of the Libertarian Party of New York. Glogowski proposed converting the corporation into a PAC under the proposed name Libertarian Advocates of New York, but the membership of the corporation opted to dissolve in November 2019.
Glogowski was a member of the Interim State Committee from 2019 to 2020 and in 2020, he was elected as a member of the State Committee from Judicial District 7. He currently serves on the State Committee, as well as a member of the Rules Committee.
Glogowski ran for New York State Assembly in 2012, 2014, 2018, and 2020.
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 139||2,919||5.57%|
|2014||New York State Assembly, District 139||1,363||3.90%|
|2018||New York State Assembly, District 139||TBD||TBD|
|2020||New York State Assembly, District 139||TBD||TBD|
- Delegate (2016, 2018, 2020)
- Member of the State Committee from Judicial District 7 (September 26, 2020—present)
- Member, Interim State Committee (February 2019—September 26, 2020)
- Chair (April 25, 2015—April 2018)
- Immediate Past Chair (2018—2019)
- Administrative Director (May 2017—April 2018)
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee
- Member, Rules Committee (2020—present)
- The Political Primer: Fundamentals of Politics (2011)
- The Political Primer: The Story of Jake - Part 1 (2021)
- The Political Primer: The Story of Jake - Part 2 (2021)
- To Cross-Endorse or Not Cross-Endorse? (2021)