New York Convention 1973
|Libertarian Party of New York State Convention 1973|
|Dates:||March 30—April 1, 1973|
|Location:||Manhattan, New York|
The First Annual State Convention of the Free Libertarian Party was the first state convention, held March 30—April 1, 1973 at the Williams Club in Manhattan, New York.
Murray N. Rothbard was among the attendees, and it was reported that there were about 95 in attendance.
- State Party
- Sharon Presley, Convention Chair (nominated by Howie Rich)
- Chuck DeRosa, Acting Secretary; Chair of the Credentials Committee
- Martin E. Nixon, Chair of the Rules Committee
- Guy Riggs, Chair of the Platform Committee
- Harry Browne, "Freedom in Our Lifetime"
- Murray Rothbard, "The Need for a Libertarian Movement and Party"
- Paul Lepanto
- Adoption of Bylaws
- Adoption of State Platform
Election of Officers
Millen received 36 votes, 9 votes were illegal, and there were 0 abstentions.
- Nona Aguilar (nominated by Samuel Konklin)
- Howard Rich (nominated by Gary Greenberg)
- Raymond Strong (nominated by Fran Youngstein)
|Jerome J. Klasman||34|
- Gary Greenberg (nominated by Tom Avery)
- Samuel E Konkin III (nominated by Nona Aguilar)
- Joe Castrovinci (nominated by Murray Rothbard)
- Robert Cassella (nominated by Marjorie Caines)
- Robert Cohen (nominated by Samuel Konklin)
- Martin E. Nixon (nominated by Andrea Millen)
|Samuel E. Konklin III||31|
|Martin E. Nixon||27|
- The Libertarian Forum, April 1973