Difference between revisions of "National Convention 2016"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 128:||Line 128:|
==Election of Vice Presidential Nominee==
==Election of VicePresidential Nominee==
|Line 242:||Line 242:|
|Line 276:||Line 276:|
Feldman was dropped from the ballot while Goldstein and Scheurer withdrew, leaving Vohra the only candidate. A voice vote elected Vohra as Vice Chair.
Feldman was dropped from the ballot while Goldstein and Scheurer withdrew, leaving Vohra the only candidate. A voice vote elected Vohra as ViceChair.
Latest revision as of 21:05, 18 January 2020
|2016 Libertarian National Convention|
|Dates:||May 26—30, 2016|
|Venue:||Rosen Centre Hotel & Resort|
The 2016 Libertarian National Convention was held in Orlando, Florida over the weekend of 26-30 May 2016.
- 1 Events
- 2 Election of Presidential Nominee
- 3 Election of Vice-Presidential Nominee
- 4 Election of Officers
- 5 Minutes
- 6 Other Related Documents and Reports
- 7 External Links
- 8 References
- May 26 – The presidential candidates Marc Allan Feldman, Gary Johnson, John McAfee, Darryl W. Perry, and Austin Petersen participated in a political debate at the convention.
- May 27 – A debate between the Libertarian candidates seeking the vice-presidential nomination was held. On the same day, the candidates for chairperson of the LNC debated.
- May 28 – A debate between the Libertarian presidential candidates was held. The debate was televised live by C-SPAN. It was moderated by Larry Elder.
- May 29 – The vote and nomination of the Libertarian presidential and vice-presidential candidates was held and televised by C-SPAN. Multiple ballots extended this.
Election of Presidential Nominee
Further information: Presidential Candidates 2016
- Gary Johnson, 29th Governor of New Mexico, 2012 Libertarian Party Nominee For President (Running Mate: Bill Weld)
- Austin Petersen, Founder of the Libertarian Republic
- John McAfee, Founder and former CEO of McAfee Inc (Running Mate: Judd Weiss)
- Darryl Perry, Owner and Managing Editor at Free Press Publications (Running Mate: Will Coley)
- Marc Allan Feldman, Anesthesiologist at The Cleveland Clinic
- Kevin McCormick, Software Developer & Entrepreneur from Arizona
1st Ballot Results
|Marc Allan Feldman||58||6.27%|
|Ron Paul (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Vermin Supreme (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Heidi Zemen (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Derrick Grayson (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
No candidate received a majority of delegate votes on the first ballot, leading to the next round of voting. Kevin McCormick was eliminated from the 2nd ballot.
2nd Ballot Results
|Marc Allan Feldman||18||1.94%|
|Derrick Grayson (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Michael Shannon (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Rhett Smith (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Kevin McCormick (Write-in)||1||0.11%|
|Gary Johnson||Austin Petersen||John McAfee|
|1st Round||458 (49.51%)||197 (21.30%)||131 (14.16%)|
|2nd Round||518 (55.82%)||203 (21.88%)||131 (14.16%)|
Election of Vice-Presidential Nominee
- Bill Weld, 68th Governor of Massachusetts (endorsed by Gary Johnson)
- Larry Sharpe, Business Consultant from New York
- Will Coley, National Director of Muslims4Liberty (endorsed by Darryl Perry)
- Alicia Dearn, Attorney from Missouri (endorsed by Austin Petersen at convention)
- Judd Weiss, Entrepreneur and Activist from California (endorsed by John McAfee)
- Derrick Grayson, Ordained Minister and Network Engineer from Georgia
Prior to the 1st Ballot, Judd Weiss withdrew from the race and endorsed Will Coley.
|Daniel Hogan (write-in)||1||0.115%|
|Gary Johnson (write-in)||1||0.115%|
|Austin Petersen (write-in)||1||0.115%|
No candidate received a majority of delegate votes on the first ballot, leading to the next round of voting. Alicia Dearn was eliminated from the 2nd ballot, and endorsed Bill Weld. Will Coley and Derrick Grayson withdrew from the race and endorsed Larry Sharpe.
|Derrick Grayson (withdrew)||9||1.032%|
|Mark Stewart (write-in)||1||0.115%|
Election of Officers
Nicholas Sarwark was reelected Chair in the first ballot.
|James Weeks (write-in)||2||0.279%|
|Brett Bittner (write-in)||1||0.139%|
|Vermin Supreme (write-in)||1||0.139%|
|Trey Waites (write-in)||1||0.139%|
- 1st Ballot
|Marc Allan Feldman||56||12.963%|
Feldman was dropped from the ballot while Goldstein and Scheurer withdrew, leaving Vohra the only candidate. A voice vote elected Vohra as Vice-Chair.
|George Phillies (write-in)||3||0.715%|
Other Related Documents and Reports
- "Libertarian Party Holds Presidential Debate | Video". http://www.c-span.org/video/?409916-1/libertarian-party-holds-presidential-debate. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
|Libertarian National Convention
New Orleans 2018