Jeffrey Pawlowski is a Libertarian activist in New Jersey. He ran as a Libertarian for Governor in 2005. His campaign was the only statewide election in the nation with a Libertarian candidate that year.
2005 Gubernatorial Campaign
We are planning on raising enough funds to qualify for the debates. If we raise $300,000 by August 31st they have to allow Jeff in the debates. In addition we can then accept 2 for 1 matching funds (stolen from the taxpayer).
We are also using a wiki to manage the campaign.
Visit Jeff's Page.
Any help you can give the campaign is appreciated.
- Jay Edgar firstname.lastname@example.org -22.214.171.124 06:36, 7 Jun 2005 (PDT)
Update - Pawlowski Campaign Qualifes for the Debates
Jeff has qualified to be in the debates!
NJ Administrative Code 19:25-15.49 states that in order to be in the debates his campaign must have completed the following:
- Notifying the Commission in writing no later than September 1 preceding the general election for the office of Governor of his or her intent to participate in the series of gubernatorial general election debates; and
- Filing a statement of qualification containing evidence that $300,000 has been deposited and expended pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44-32 for gubernatorial general election expenses. The statement of qualification shall contain the same information as that required at N.J.A.C. 19:25-15.48(a).
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m happy to report that we have met these requirements! The majority of the money deposited was provided as a loan to the campaign. So while not qualifying for matching funds, we have qualified to be in the debates.
The NJ Election Law Enforcement Division has previously inferred that "deposited and expended" meant that we must raise $300,000 in donations. Our reading of the law however is that we must simply deposit and expend this money in accordance with 19:444-32. Whether the NJ Election Law Enforcement Division will agree with our reading of the law is to be seen. Our reading of the law is also in accordance with NJ ELEC recent adviory opinion regarding Forester's qualification for the debates with his own money. We fully expect NJ ELEC to not recognize Jeff's compliance, however we feel that we will prevail in a court of law if necessary.
If you have donated, I thank you for your donations thus far. However, the campaign is far from being over. We will still need more donations for campaigning and a possible suit against the NJ Election Law Enforcement Division.
- Third-party is first-rate, hopefuls say - Newark Star-Ledger, 27 October 2005
- Pitched N.J. Gov. Race in Voters' Hands - ABC News, 8 November 2005 - minor but interesting mention of a Pawlowski voter.
- Mud left its mark on many - Trenton Times, 9 November 2005
|This article originates from or includes content from the public domain Libertarianwiki.|