|Birth:||November 28, 1966 |
New York City, U.S.
Seder currently works, or has worked, for multiple liberal and progressive networks/programs throughout the course of his career. In March 2004, Seder became co-host of Air America Radio's The Majority Report alongside Janeane Garofalo.
In November 2010, Seder began an independent online podcast, also called the Majority Report. The live talk-show format closely matches the previous Air America program, with politically oriented commentary by Seder and co-hosts and interviews with various guests. Seder offers listeners different tiered levels of access to content around the show via crowdfunding platform Patreon.
2020 presidential election
In January 24, 2019, Seder announced his intention be a candidate in the Libertarian Party primary for the 2020 presidential election, as a satirical candidate due to his opposition to American libertarians. He subsequently announced his intention to challenge incumbent senator Chuck Schumer for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2022 New York Senate election.
He later received around 47% of candidate support in an unverified "Third Party Watch" poll placing him in front of the pack. It should be noted that the poll sampled registered libertarians but not specifically dues-paying party members. Though notable, it is unlikely to have have an effect on the race.
Seder has two children; one daughter and one son.
The birth of his first child slightly colored Seder's commentary. On more than one occasion he has voiced concerns about just how he was going to explain elements of this world to his daughter as she grows up, after witnessing actions by the Republican Party that Seder felt might adversely affect her future.
- "Sam Seder Announces 2020 Campaign". YouTube. The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIRRomqN5mY.
- Shanahan, Mark (August 23, 2006). "Failure is an option - Despite his best efforts to sabotage himself, Sam Seder is finding success on Air America". Boston.com.
- Kludt, Tom; Darcy, Oliver (2017-12-05). "How a joke, and Mike Cernovich, got Sam Seder booted from MSNBC". CNNMoney. Time Warner. http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/05/media/sam-seder-msnbc-mike-cernovich/index.html?iid=EL. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- O'Connor, Lydia (2017-12-05). "MSNBC Gives In To Disingenuous Right-Wing Smear, Fires Sam Seder". Huffington Post. Oath Inc.. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sam-seder-msnbc-fired_us_5a25c064e4b086e4e503ce2f. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "Sam Seder LEADS Libertarian Presidential Poll!". The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4b9G9WVh9k.
- F.U.B.A.R.: America's Right-Wing Nightmare