Harris County Libertarian Party
| 2020 Candidate for House District 135|
Texas State House of Representatives
|Occupation:||Channel Account Manager|
Paul Bilyeu is a Libertarian from Houston, Texas. He is the current Treasurer of the Harris County Libertarian Party.
Paul was born and raised in Southern Illinois just across the river from St. Louis. Following high school he enlisted in the US Navy and spent almost 9 years in the service including over 3 years aboard a Trident Submarine out of Bangor Washington. During his time in the Navy he lived and worked in Orlando, Idaho Falls and Bangor.
Following his military career, he's spent the last 25 years in various positions with Milwaukee based company Allen Bradley, now Rockwell Automation. As part of his career with Rockwell, Paul took a position in Houston in 2005. Prior to that he had held positions in Nashville and Monroe Louisiana.
Having always been either independent or Republican in his political beliefs, Paul was first introduced to Libertarianism in 2013. After a great deal of thought, conversation and study, everything about being a Libertarian just made sense. And the two "grand ole parties" did not. From that point, he has been an all in Libertarian and recently became a Life Member of the National Libertarian Party.
- Libertarian Party Member - 2013
- Libertarian Party Lifetime Member - 2017
- Delegate to National Libertarian Party Convention - 2018
- Libertarian Party Membership Support Committee - 2019
- Libertarian Party Convention Voting Process Committee - 2019
- Libertarian Party National Convention Welcoming Committee - 2020
- Delegate to Texas Libertarian Party Convention - 2014, 2018
- Alternate to Texas Libertarian Party Convention - 2016
- Vice-Chairman Harris County Libertarian Party - 2018-2020
- Treasurer Harris County Libertarian Party - 2020 - present
- Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives District 135 - 2018 & 2020