National Convention 2020
|2020 Libertarian National Convention|
|Dates:||Memorial Day Weekend 2020|
The 2020 Libertarian National Convention is the upcoming biannual Libertarian Party National Convention. It will be held on Memorial Day weekend in Austin, Texas.
The 2020 Convention will consist of proposals to amend the Libertarian Party bylaws, which are then voted on by convention delegates.
Additionally, convention delegates to the Libertarian National Convention will also nominate a President and Vice President to run on the Libertarian Party ticket for the 2020 United States Presidential election, as well as vote for Board Members of the Libertarian National Committee (LNC).
Delegates are selected by each of the state affiliates of the Libertarian Party.
The event is also expected to include seminars, forums, debates, discussion groups, and an exhibition hall.
The three finalist cities for the convention location were: Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; and Phoenix, Arizona.
The following are candidates for the LNC elections to take place in 2020.
These candidates have either filed paperwork to run for office (if applicable), issued a public announcement declaring their intention to run, or created a promotional/campaign page (through social media or a website).
- Cecil Ince, actor and film producer from Missouri. 2016 Candidate for the Libertarian Presidential nomination. 
- Zoltan Istvan, transhumanist activist from California. 2018 Candidate for Governor of California.
- Adam Kokesh, author and activist from New Mexico. 2010 Candidate for US House of Representatives. 
- Kim Ruff, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus Vice Chair. 2018 Candidate for Arizona State Mine Inspector. 
- Vermin Supreme, performance artist and activist. 
- Benjamin Leder, libertarian from Texas. 
- Arvin Vohra, former Vice-Chair of the Libertarian National Committee.
- John Phillips, LNC Region 6 Representative
- Jeff Wood, Libertarian Party of Michigan Director At-large 
Libertarian National Committee
- Kyler DePriest
- Matt Kuehnel, Libertarian Party of Macomb County Secretary. 2018 Candidate for LNC Chair.
- LNC Region 1
Publicly Expressed Interest
These candidates have publicly stated they are interested in running, but have otherwise made no formal declaration to do so.
These candidates have been/are speculated to be a possible candidate, but have neither confirmed or denied an interest in running:
- John McAfee- former CEO of McAfee Inc. 2016 Candidate for Libertarian Nomination for President. (Declared for President, potentially as a Libertarian)
- Bill Weld- 68th Governor of Massachusetts, 2016 Libertarian Nominee for Vice President.
- Jo Jorgensen- Psychologist, 1996 Libertarian Nominee for Vice President