Libertarian Party of San Francisco
|Libertarian Party of San Francisco|
|Jurisdiction:||San Francisco County, California|
|Vice Chair:||Rebecca Lau|
The Libertarian Party of San Francisco is a local affiliate of the Libertarian Party of California. The city and county of San Francisco are contiguous, with a unified government, so unlike the other county parties in California the LPSF is directly concerned with a single municipality.
Some of the main activities of the LPSF circa 2018 include:
• Filing ballot arguments each year to be published in the San Francisco Voter Handbook distributed each election to several hundred thousand registered San Francisco voters (some free arguments selected as official ballot arguments by lottery, others paid arguments typically costing several hundred dollars each, based on the number of words).
• Operating an outreach booth for two days at San Francisco Pride festival each year
• Issuing voting recommendations on local ballot measures
• Leaders speaking at local schools
• Hosting an annual panel discussion event (started out as a Tax Day event)
• Periodically running candidates for local office
• Publishing commentary on LPSF.org, principally about local political issues
The following were Libertarian Party of San Francisco officers as of January 2018:
San Francisco was Region 38 of the Libertarian Party of California in the numbering system in which regions generally corresponded to counties.
San Francisco was part of Region 4 in the earlier 20-region numbering system.
Past officers and appointed positions
- Vice Chair
- Elections Director
- Anton Sherwood (c 1995)
520 Frederick Street, #17, San Francisco, CA 94117
|Libertarian Party of California|