Libertarian Party of Illinois
|Jonathan Parker||Vice Chairman|
Libertarian Party of Illinois mission is: To elect Libertarians to office and move public policy in a libertarian direction.
Key Tenets of the Libertarian Party Platform
Key tenets of the Libertarian Party platform include the following:
- Adoption of laissez-faire principles which would reduce the state's role in economic government. This would include, among other things, markedly reduced taxation, privatization of Welfare (for individuals, as well as elimination of "corporate welfare"), markedly reduced regulation of business, rollbacks of labor regulations, and reduction of government interference in foreign trade. and
- Protection of property rights.
- Minimal government bureaucracy. The Libertarian Party states that the government's responsibilities should be limited to the protection of individual rights from the initiation of force and fraud.
- Civil libertarianism: Support for the protection of civil liberties, including the right to privacy, freedom of speech, freedom of association, and sexual freedom.
- Opposition to civil rights laws that regulate the private sector, such as affirmative action and non-discrimination laws.
- Support for the unrestricted right to the means of self-defense (such as gun rights, the right to carry mace, pepper spray, or tasers etc).
- Opposition to the censoring and the engineering of foreign radio pathways.
- Abolition of laws against "victimless crimes" (such as prostitution, driving without a seatbelt, use of controlled substances, fraternization, etc.).
- Opposition to regulations on how businesses should run themselves (e.g., smoking bans)
- A foreign policy of free trade and non-interventionism.
- Support for a fiscally responsible government including a hard currency (commodity-based money supply as opposed to fiat currency).
- Abolition of all forms of taxpayer-funded assistance welfare, food stamps, public housing, Health care, etc.)
- A belief that abortion is a personal issue, and should not be part of government.
The following are chapters from within the Libertarian Party of Illinois as of April 2017:
- Bond-Fayette Libertarian Party
- Capital Area Libertarian Party
- Central Illinois Libertarian Party
- Champaign County Libertarian Party
- Libertarian Party of Chicago
- Clinton County Libertarian Party
- DeKalb County Libertarian Party
- DuPage Libertarians
- Fox Valley Libertarian Party
- Illinois Valley Libertarian Party
- Kankakee County Libertarian Party
- Lake County Libertarian Party
- Macon County Libertarian Party
- Metro-East Libertarian Party
- McHenry County Libertarian Party
- McLean County Libertarian Party
- Northwestern Illinois Libertarian Party
- South Central Libertarian Party
- Southern Illinois Libertarian Party
- Tri-Counties Libertarian Party
- Western Illinois Libertarian Party
- Whiteside County Libertarian Party
- Will County Libertarian Party
- Winnebago County Libertarian Party
Past Officials and Staff
- Debra Aaron, Treasurer (c. 2010)
- Lupe Diaz, Legislative Chair (c. 2010)
- Damon Dillon, Membership Chair (c. 2010)
- Crystal Jurczynski, Secretary (c. 2010)
- Kent McMillen, Public Relations Chair (c. 2010)
- Ken Prazak, Media & Communications Vice Chair
- Walter Simons, Secretary
- Don Stover, Campaigns and Electoral Vice Chair
- Jan Stover, Executive Director
- Valiant Vetter, Chair (c. 2010)
- , State Organization Committee meeting. January 18, 2009
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Official Website of the Libertarian National Committee. Retrieved on July 25, 2006
- Libertarian Party of Illinois. Find Your Local Chapter. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- Libertarian Party of Illinois
- Libertarian Party (United States)
- The Nolan Chart
- The Cato Institute
- The Heartland Institute
- The Sam Adams Alliance
- The Illinois Policy Institute
|State Organizations of the National Libertarian Party|