Erie County Libertarian Committee
|Erie County Libertarian Party|
|Jurisdiction:||Erie County, New York|
|Chartered:||July 18, 2015|
|Vice-Chair:||Jeremy J. Herr|
|Treasurer:||John Thomas Mergenhagen|
The Erie County Libertarian Committee (previously known as the Erie County Libertarian Party) is an affiliate of the Libertarian Party of New York. It was established on July 18, 2015.
According to Murray Rothbard in The Libertarian Forum (January 1977), there was an active group of Libertarians in Buffalo in the 1970s.
An Erie-Niagara chapter existed in the 1990s. As early as 2003, John Wadsworth served as Temporary Chair, until June 5, 2011, when Kyle Hulse took over.
In 2014, Edward Garrett served as Temporary County Chair until its founding on July 18, 2015, when he became Chair of the chapter.
In April 2019, the chapter held a convention to form an Interim County Organization, and they were confirmed by the Interim State Committee on June 9, 2019.
- Edward Garrett, Chair (August 25, 2018—present)
- Nathaniel Cole, Vice-Chair (April 27, 2019—present)
- Alyce Auman, Secretary (April 27, 2019—present)
- Duane Whitmer, Treasurer (August 25, 2018—present)
- Edward Garrett, State Representative (August 25, 2018—?)
- Jim Ostrowski, Chief Legal Advisor (July 18, 2015—present)
- Andrew Rogers (July 18, 2015—2016)
- Erik Bell (2016—April 24, 2017)
- Jeremy J. Herr (April 24, 2017—August 25, 2018)
- Alyce Auman (August 25, 2018—April 27, 2019)
- Daniel Hogg (July 18, 2015—2016)
- Kevin Cruver (2016—April 24, 2017)
- Edward Garrett (April 24, 2017—August 25, 2018)
- Kevin Cruver (August 25, 2018—April 27, 2019)
- Unknown (July 18, 2015—2016)
- Andrew Rogers (2016—April 24, 2017)
- John Thomas Mergenhagen (April 24, 2017—August 25, 2018)
- Jeremy J. Herr (Acting until August 25, 2018)
- State Representative
- Temporary County Chair
- John Wadsworth (2003—June 5, 2011)
- Kyle Hulse (June 5, 2011—?)
- Edward Garrett (March 2, 2014—July 18, 2015)
- Christopher Archer, Webmaster (July 18, 2015—?)
- July 18, 2015
- April 24, 2017
- April 27, 2019 - ICO formation