Broome County Libertarian Party
|Broome County Libertarian Party|
|Jurisdiction:||Broome County, New York|
Broome County Libertarian Party is a former local affiliate of the Libertarian Party of New York that existed in the early 1980s. In October 1980, a meeting was held at Stephens Square Tavern in Binghamton to discuss the formation of a Libertarian chapter in Broome County. Among those at the meeting were James McKeown and Edward Jowett. The chapter formed in early 1981 and by early 1984, their active membership had tripled.
Currently, Shawna Cole serves as Temporary County Chair in an attempt to revive the chapter.
- Shawn Szymanski, Temporary County Chair
- James J. McKeown, Chair (before 1984)
- David Chatara, Chair (1984)
- John M. Fields, Chair (1985)
- Shawna Cole, Temporary County Chair